Posted on 12-13-2017
Ten Reasons to Spay and Neuter Your Pet
Deciding to spay or neuter your furry friend can feel like a big decision. But at the Pleasant View Veterinary Clinic, along with the Juniata Veterinary Clinic, our Lewistown and Mifflintown veterinary staff strongly encourages it. Our friendly staff will happily help you make the best choice for you and your animal.
10 Benefits of Spaying and Neutering
There are plenty of positive reasons to have your pet spayed or neutered. For instance, by choosing to have your pet safely sterilized by a veterinarian in Lewistown or Mifflintown, you can:
- Prevent unwanted kittens and puppies. Sadly, with more animals than families to adopt them, millions of cats and dogs end up being euthanized every year.
- Reduce the burden on your community animal shelters and hospitals. Less unwanted pets allow our hardworking volunteers and employees to take care of animals already in their care.
- Reduce the risk of disease transmission between stray or feral animals and pets in your community.
- Eliminate the risk of pregnancy-related health problems in your female cat or dog.
- Reduce or eliminate the risk of uterine or breast cancer in your female cat or dog.
- Reduce or eliminate the risk of testicular cancer in your male cat or dog.
- Avoid the unpleasant issues and behaviors associated with a female animal in heat (e.g., menstruation and excessive licking).
- Avoid the unpleasant issues and behaviors associated with an un-neutered male dog or cat (e.g., territorial marking, roaming, and aggression).
- Save money, since the cost of a spay or neuter is far less than caring for a litter.
- Increase your pet's lifespan, by as much as 1 to 5 years!
Learn More From Our Veterinary Clinics
Are you looking for a spay and neutering clinic near you? Stop by the Pleasant View Veterinary Clinic of Lewistown or the Juniata Veterinary Clinic of Mifflintown! To learn more about our services or to schedule an appointment, contact us now:
- Pleasant View Clinic: 717-248-4703
- Juniata Clinic: 717-436-9790